That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing." William Shakespeare
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." Albert Einstein
10 Things I Adore
- My friends. Honestly, my life revolves around them and I would be an awful person without them.
- Satisfying a really strong craving, specifically something sweet!
- Shopping and creating ensembles.
- Children. Being with little ones is something everyone should try to do often. Not only is it fun, but it puts things in perspective, is a de-stressor, and is very healthy.
- Traveling. I love the anticipation and excitement it supplies!
- Reading. Whether it's blogs, magazines, novels, self-help books, or memoirs, getting stuck in a book is so nice. The escape from reality is hard to replicate, and it creates a well-rounded person.
- Shows, plays, musicals, whatever you'd like to call them. Again, an incredible escape from reality, and just so fun!
- The internet. Truly, where would I be without it?! Where would any of us be?! Such a stupendous tool that fascinates me in uncountable ways. The whole world is revolutionizing due to and with it. I just don't even know how to explain how amazing the internet is. Opportunities are growing and knowledge is rising right along with it. Crazy how anyone lived without it.
- Ignorant comments from people who really think they know what they are talking about.
- When people get a tag and do the survey and then say "I now tag...ANYONE!" The whole point of the tag is to spread it around the blogging world and to show appreciation, not laziness and lack of thought. Choosing several bloggers that truly deserve a tag is not entirely difficult, it can be done. Tagging ANYONE! may sound kind, but it really just isn't. This bothers me so much. So so much.
- When my cell phone dies when I need it. (This is my fault :/)
- When my camera batteries die right when I turn it on to take pictures. Stupid weak battery...
- Wasting time. I often willingly (well, sub-consciously willingly) waste my time, but I just can't stand when others waste my time. Yes, this is pretentious. I don't really care!
- People getting things they don't deserve.
- Common people who suddenly become extremely successful ignoring the general population and not helping people who beseech for advice. I have seen this, and it just breaks my heart. Reciprocation, people, reciprocation!
- Fish. I literally gag at the sight or taste of a piece of fish. But I love shellfish, mainly shrimp and crab.
- Stereotypes and prejudice.
- I know a lot of random facts! I always slip something completely random into almost every conversation I have.
- Most of the foods I'm obsessive over are major "health foods" and everyone makes fun of me for my cravings. Mmm... I'm wantin' some bok choy and hummus on everything pretzel crackers right about now...
- I really enjoy going to the dentist's office. It's fun!
- I went to summer camp for 12 years; 5 of them were just 8 week day camp summers, the other 7 were 8 week overnight camps. It was such a huge part of my life, until I realized how my "best friends" were actually just awful people and I needed to move on.
- I'm very judgmental and often get proven wrong about people after I learn more about them. I'm really trying to work on it!
Rumi, Laurel, Tavi, Emma, Arabelle, and Camille
(you are all my absolute favorites and inspire me SO much. please continue this! <3)
email me at email@example.com, please!
I hope everyone is enjoying some time with their families and friends.
See you in a few days! Leave me some questions!
My winter break officially begins today, and with that my blogging break will start. I'm going away later in the week and will return in January. I've schedules gobs of posts for each day, so I promise you won't be bored! Enjoy your vay-cays and holidays; see you next year!
39thandbroadway.com - What really happens to Project Runway alumni and why we are sick of hearing, “You should go on Project Runway!”
A Few Goody GumDrops - A Few Goody Gumdrops gets bright for the holidays with her new orange Louis Vuitton tote!
All Chic - Christmas jewels!
AlysiaMarie - This month’s celebrity hair trend: ponytails!
Being High Maintenance, not Bitchy - How to wear scarves without looking like an emo kid.
Caged Lilies - Pretty and CHEAP gifts for friends.
Capitola Girl Jewelry Blog - Chasing the winter blues away by shopping handmade.
Clutch 22 - Stylish gift giving on a budget - there’s still time to do your holiday shopping!
Couture Allure Vintage Fashion - Couture Allure shows how to dress up your shoes for a touch of evening glamour.
Debutante Clothing - A tribute to Bettie Page: 5 reasons we loved Bettie Page.
Decline Designs - Petticoat tutorial - so your vintage skirts can have the look they deserve!
Dirty Laundry - How-to: boyfriend jeans
dramatis personae - Alternative uses for fur.
Dress Me Up Dollie - A little DIY chases the winter doldrums away.
Fashion Birdcage - Of Cabbages & Kings Spring/Summer 09 collection
fashion fille - Fashion Fille spreads the cheer around through boosting fashionistas to enter the weardrobe contest.
fashion in my eyes - Beauty & the beast with Drew Barrymore.
Fashion Pulse Daily - Fashion Pulse Daily gives tips on how to get the biker chic look without having to jump on a Harley.
Fashion Therapist - Where to find the perfect ugly sweaters for all your holiday themed parties.
Fasshonaburu - A shopping gift guide for the self-proclaimed “hipster” on your list this holiday season!
Going to Hell in a Handbag - Consumed by coats.
greystrawberrys - What's in your make-up box?
Hot Beauty Health - The Smurfs' enter beauty world with a Smurfette Collection.
In Life and In Fashion - Easy holiday dressing tips.
Independent Fashion Bloggers - We really like your style.
Iole in fashion - Red(dress) fashion tree.
Iwanttowearit - Manicurist Yuna Park puts fashion in the fingers of the hottest models for the freshest magazines.
Logical Harmony - How to Find deals at thrift Stores: beyond the basics.
Mademoiselle Robot - Interview with fashion photographer and club promoter Pavla Kopecna.
Nico Assatly - Hot Holiday/Silver bells! Cute look for the holidays!
noiretro // style deficit disorder - Limi Yamamoto Spring 2009 collection & DIY Martin Margiela Sandal Booties.
Or False Glitter - Going grunge with Sonic Youth.
PONY RYDER - Exclusive interview with top model Iris Strubegger!
Retro Chick - Comfy christmas glamour.
Shopping and Info - Shopping and Info loves what Jennifer Aniston wore to the Marley & Me premiere.
Style Amor - Alice In Wonderland Fashion+Movie Frenzy for 2010, Johnny Depp and Mad Hatter Fashion.
Style Discovery - Confession of a jewelery addict and bringing an order and clarity to a pile of necklaces.
Style Symmetry - Eyeliah finds inspiration in the Wardrobe Remix pool!
Summershoes - 11 steps to a perfect homemade manicure.
Sweety P Style Files - The Wardrobe Recession Diaries: stalkin' clerks in the mall and a houndstooth dress.
The Bare Skinny - The Bare Skinny gives you the scoop on the unmentionables: undergarments.
THE COVETED - Last-minute gifts that pamper and relax.
Get ready for the holidays with some affordable, sexy lingerie for today’s housewives!
The Fashionable Gal warns about fashion mistakes to avoid for the holidays!
Factio Magazine interviews diamond heiress Lita Asscher. Diamonds?! Meet 'cha there!
Fashion Pulse shows us how to get that biker chic look. Love it!
Hip Candy checks out a few designers sketch ideas for Inaugural looks.
Runway To Retail shows us a photo shoot looks like. Go behind the scenes! Fun!
Style Observer dishes on glamorous bits to rock on New Year’s Eve. (5, 4, 3, 2, 1...... WHOOOO!)
I was going to do something special and celebratory, but I couldn't brainstorm anything that I thought would be sufficient. Any and all ideas are welcomed! It's never too late to celebrate.