20090929

she's aight

I'm not going to pretend I don't love The Hills. The City ain't too bad, either. The show sucks you in and defintiely succeeds in entertaining the viewer. But, that's where the positives end. The characters on these shows are obviously just that: characters. If it was a real reality show, it would focus around these girls and guys trying to get acting gigs, designing lines for discount stores (read ahead for more on that...) or making appearances at skeevy clubs. But, we see them going to "work" and eating. A lot of eating. How do they stay so skinny?! Alas, I digress. Lauren Conrad, of Hills notoriety, has designed a collection for Kohl's. (See? I told you I would talk about this!) It sure is not anything exciting or unique, or really even great. But, she "designed" basics that are definitely wearable and affordable. If I was told to buy whatever I might wear, I would pick out the cardigans, the skinny jeans, a dress, and the slouchy tees. Sounds just Lauren's style--chic basics. Hollywire.com has a video of Lauren talking about her new line and how she's going to show it--check that out after you look at my snooze-worthy basic yet admittedly chic picks.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to leave a quick 'thanks' for your blog and your posts. I just discovered it today, but I'm enjoying

    reading it, and I'll be back again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me everything.