20091023

the girl with the pearl earrings



vintage

These are the most recently circulating pearl earrings in my own personal collection. I used to stray away from wearing the gold-set studs, for I was convinced they were too small and boring for my own taste. Well, they happen to be the perfect complement to a heavy gold statement necklace or a flashy top. Nothing beats the classic pearl earring- nothing. On the other side of the earring spectrum, the long chandelier earrings were a gift handed down from my grandma. I received them just a few days ago, and have left them out to admire. I love how they effuse such elegance and drama, and I cannot wait to wear them.

If you don't have any pearl pieces for yourself, now is as good a time as any to get some! I really love this pearl lariat necklace from Mikimoto pearls, and they also have some simple and beautiful pearl earrings and necklaces. If they're good enough for Carrie Bradshaw, they are good enough for you!

2 comments:

  1. love a girl in pearls, he just did a post on a pearl thong, check it out

    come check out the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think, thanks

    fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love pearls! they go with anything (even sweats haha!) those studs are great, such an unusual mounting!

    lauren
    www.papergownfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me everything.